Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
In Washington State, law enforcement agencies are required to follow local, state and federal guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPLs). Due to the detailed nature involved in conducting these background checks, processing times can take up to 30 days (up to 60 days for applicants residing out of state). You will be notified when all required background checks have been completed.
If you have a Spokane County address, or are a resident of another state, you may apply for a CPL at the Spokane Police Department.
- For an ORIGINAL CPL, you will be asked to schedule a fingerprint appointment.
- If you are applying for a CPL RENEWAL, you may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.
- LATE RENEWAL applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL. If you are applying after 90 days of expiration you will have to apply using the original CPL Application.
- If you are a resident of Spokane County or an out of state resident and your Washington State CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a REPLACEMENT CPL from the Spokane Police Department regardless of where your CPL was originally issued if you are currently a resident of Spokane County.
Per RCW 9.41.070 a non-refundable fee is required to apply.
|Type of Permit
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Fingerprinting is required for an original Concealed Pistol License. Appointments for fingerprinting are generally available Dowtown at the Public Safety Building Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 10:00 am-3:15pm, or the Spokane Valley Precinct Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am-3:45pm closed lunch hour from 12:00pm-1:00pm and legal holidays.
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Pistol License.
Please note that this website is optimized for IE 9.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.